Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Unrelated: Failure to Digest and Car Seats

Over Christmas my family and coworkers got a nasty intestinal bug. I was pretty smug about it. My reasoning: How would I know if I had it because I'm pregnant and I toss my cookies all the time? Not one person was amused.

Fate is quite tickled. I have the bug now. It feels very different from being pregnant. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, but if I have food or water it leaves. . . so maybe life will be better in a couple of days.

In the meantime, Dad visited and installed the car seat. (My Dad has really outdone himself with all of the helping.) The car seat is a Graco Snugride. It fits! I'd been worried because the car is a 2003 Subaru WRX, and I love driving it. Unfortunately, the back seat of the car doesn't have a tremendous amount of room for baby gear, but it is going to be just right for the baby and me. The next stop is the Fire Department so they can verify it was installed right. I'm a first-time mom, and I worry about these things.

The other adventure today is a missing back seat belt. I can locate half of it, but the part that the safety belt latches into cannot be found behind seats or under cushions. Thanks to Google, my knowledge of after-market parts for this car has increased dramatically. (Five-point harness anyone? They're not just for babies!) The latch is still missing, but I'm going to look for it again tomorrow if my stomach cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment