Monday, January 11, 2010

As Expected, The Unexpected

The theme of this pregnancy has been the unexpected. Somethings that are surprising me lately include:

1) My coworkers are very supportive. They are really there for me.
2) People keep giving me diapers. I'd just gotten four bundles of size ones when a friend offered a few packages of size twos.
3) A friend I thought had ditched me anonymously gave a very generous gift.
4) There is a car seat and a crib prior to the baby's arrival.
5) I cannot sleep enough. Seriously.

The biggest surprise is the combination of support and gratitude. I thought this would be unpopular or offense to people, but they have been nothing but lovely. I feel tremendously grateful.

But lest this post get too sacchrine, the dog has taken to licking the carpet. It seems to be anxiety over seeing the furniture moving and changes being made. It is just driving me nuts. The only way to have him stop is to sit down and scratch him. I guess we'll watch a movie tonight and I'll give him a dog massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment