Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby on the Inside

Waiting is more exhausting than I imagined. I'm getting uncomfortable with the weight of the baby again and I can't sleep for very long stretches of time because I get uncomfortable. I spend my lunch hour trying to catch a nap, and then I go to bed early when I get home. I'm just out of patience and out of energy. It's a matter of weeks until this baby is full-term. I keep telling myself that things happen at the right time for the right reasons. I just need to relax and accept it.

My parents are being even sweeter than usual. Mom cleaned the kitchen while she was visiting my house to clean the litter box. She even wiped the smudges off of the trash can.

Dad has almost finished painting the interior of my house. He's talking about what to pack to go to the hospital. He plans to join us for some of the labor and delivery. This is very different from when I first asked if he would like to be there and he said, "The waiting room will be just fine." Since he saw the birth plan that said he was welcome to join us, he's been noticeably upbeat. I think he felt left out that it was just me and Mom.

With all of the painting and organization on the home front, the crib might actually get assembled soon. Baby's clothes are in the closet. There is hope that all will be ready when baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment