Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh the emotions!

I suspect the hormones have a part in this and so does excitement. I am feeling quite emotional. For the sake of coworkers and friends, keeping it under wraps is important. I'm not prone to tears of joy and actually thought they were a myth. Here are the things that have made me cry tears of joy this week:

* My father offered to paint interior rooms for me and tried to sell me on what a wonderful job he'd do. It was an easy sell. He's the best painter I know. Plus those rooms need paint.
* The kitty came to snuggle with me last night. She nestled her head in my hand and purred.
* A coworker left pink-suede, moccasin booties in my locker.

The love is overwhelming and wonderful.

The other emotions are just inconvenient. The coworker who offered to put his name on the birth certificate and pay child support has not mentioned it again. He's trying to put things back to normal. I'm just feeling uneasy and awkward about the whole thing and wish he would vanish for the next six months. I literally feel queasy when I see him now.

Drama at work sucks me in faster now, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by daily chores.

But since it is such a roller coaster, having coffee with a friend and cutting a bouquet of zinnias from the garden made me happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment