Monday, February 9, 2009

Finding Daddy

One of the donors stood out from the others. Aside from being healthy, having a good family medical history and sharing my blood type, he's a got math skills. My math skills are functional: the checkbook balances and simple interest is not insurmountable. Mathematical brilliance is another subject entirely. It would be a good balance to my language skills. The description was of a kind, reserved, goal-oriented person who got a 32 on his ACT math score. 

Early in the process, I decided not to read the donor essay. They were kind, clumsy and sometimes a little judgemental. They read as if they were written by 19-year-olds who were away at college, which, come to think of it, they are. The grammar and punctuation weren't precise, and I can get riled up about apostrophes. Realistically, apostrophes don't correlate to genetic material.

This donor seemed so right, and I took a chance with some insight into his personality. His answers to the form questions were appropriate and reasonable. He even used a semi-colon correctly. I decided to overlook the improperly inserted comma. He's only human, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment